Monday 10 January 2011

Confessions of a murderer and a rescuer

Tonight, our family cat tigerlily brought in a mouse. I was standing in the kitchen drying dishes with my sister and I heard a meow. Looking back I think it was quite impressive of Tiger to meow quite so loudly with a mouse still in her mouth. When I saw the mouse I reacted the same way I always do, I ran away and shut the door behind me. My brave sister picked up the mouse and popped it outside while I ran to lock the catflap in order to stop both naughty cat and poor mouse coming back in.
After all the fuss was over I carried on with the dishes quite happy that everything was back to normal.

However, my mother came to the kitchen soon after to inform me the mouse's head was stuck in the cat-flap. Sure enough, there was the mouse's little delicate head... looking quite dead in the cat flap. I do quite like mice as creatures. They're rather sweet and harmless, they're just a little bit too riggly for me to want to be close to them. Nevertheless, I am responsible for one less mouse in the world.
So now I it seems, I am a murderer...

During this blog however, I had the opportunity to save a member of the animal kingdom. Out of the french glass doors I saw a big bushy tail as a fox ran round the corner to where Tiger was. I panicked but this time ran toward the danger. The doors were opened and a split second later in comes Tiger followed by the door being shut swiftlly behind her.

Although  fox's aren't particularly dangerous I still feel I played a part in saving Tigerlily. However, one things for sure, next time a mouse comes in I'm not locking the cat flap....

No comments:

Post a Comment